Recently we started sharing some announcements about content partners…but what about the platform itself? Well, we are getting really close to having our alpha build ready for some testing. Actually, it’s way further along feature-wise than a typical alpha build but from a service perspective, we are just a little further away from moving into an alpha. Throughout the early testing phases (alpha, closed beta, etc.) we’ll slowly add to our small set of users providing feedback on the experience.

We had hoped to be in alpha by the end of May but we have a little more work to do. We’ll invoke the planning fallacy (“a phenomenon in which predictions about how much time will be needed to complete a future task display an optimism bias”) and Hofstadter’s Law (“it always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter’s Law”) as we overcome The Ninety Ninety Rule (“first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time while the remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time”). We’ll share more development updates via email. Join the loads of people who have already signed up for early access and updates.

The last 10% truly is the hardest. We continue to do user testing and we know lots of people are going to love the stories presented on Bound. We have some great content partner announcements coming too. Thanks to everyone that is supporting us. More updates soon!